Thursday, January 25, 2018

Booked (quarter 3)



My book was called “booked” by Kwame Alexander, the genre of the book is fiction. The book was really good! This book only has 314 pages but it’s in a poem form (just like solo). It only took me one day to finish it! I literally couldn’t put it down because I wanted to know what will happen next.

It was mainly about a kid namd Nicholas who loved soccer. His family had a strong bond and he was happy. But things started going down hill. He started getting bullied and something happened between him and his family (you have to read to find out). The book had a little bit of flirting in it because he liked this one girl. There’s more to the book that’s very interesting and exciting to read but I’m not trying to spoil it for you.

The book honestly made me mad, sad, and it took my breath away. There was so many ups and downs in this story it was crazy!! There was this one problem and right after they solved it here came another problem. The book in my opinion is really relatable. What I mean is he goes through some family problems which everyone has to go through once in their life,  he had some school problems (if you read the book you can see how the school problems are relatable), he also plays soccer and soccer is a really big deal to him just like it could be a big deal to others.

In the book what I found really interesting is the main character Nicholas uses huge words that you may not understand but don’t worry he puts the definition at the bottom of the page. The reason he understands and says big words is because his father made him read The Whole dictionary!!! That’s Insane but he did it. The book is really good, I recommend it all the way.

You may think it’s boring but I swear it’s not, Kwame Alexander is my favorite author! His books always get my attention no matter what. Anyeays who’s your favorite author? Do their books pull you in just like Kwame Alexander’s books do to me when I’m reading them?

No comments:

Post a Comment